Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Very Rushed Birthday...

I had made a fatal cupcakery flaw... I had allowed the sweet, sugary, deliciousness of my new-found obsession to be released into the wild... and now EVERYONE wanted in on that (Duh. Wouldn't you?). One of these people was my sister, who, after her delightful experience with her graduation cupcakes, decided she wanted to gift the cakes to her friend, B. B's birthday was the weekend after school let out, and K used her powers of persuasion to convince me to make the cupcakes for their party boat weekend. In hindsight, agreeing to make a ton of cupcakes for the weekend directly after school let out wasn't one of my wisest ideas to date, but I am always bending over backwards for the ones I care about. So, bend over backwards I did. Amidst the classroom rearranging, the end of the year planning, and the comment card writing, I went home every day to craft some fondant creations. K and I both wanted something fun and pretty to commemorate B's birthday with. Additionally, B had some insight of her own. She had told K that she loved the chocolate monograms from K's graduation cakes, and that the chocolate-raspberry and strawberry-cream flavors were her favorite. With flavor profiles set and at least one topper decided on, I went right to work. In the end, I chose to make some pretty flowers in bright summery colors, and some fun martini glasses. As a piece d'resistance, I made some catchy sombreros and mustaches-part inside joke, and part pure fun. Though I wasn't there to see the looks of overwhelming joy on the faces of those who indulged in my creations (kind of kidding... kind of not), I did hear there wasn't a crumb left over. I aim to please people.

Flowers and martinis galore!

More flowers and martinis!

Monograms and Ole!

Until next time, sweet dreams!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment